Support Your Child's Success
Studies show that youth programs have the most success when parents, family members and youth development professionals partner to create a nurturing environment for children and teens. Parent and family involvement, in particular, is important because it contributes to a young person’s school achievement and healthy development.
- Attend school and Club activities and programs whenever possible.
- Talk to your child or teen about school activities and their involvement at the Club.
- Communicate with Club staff to learn about ongoing programs and activities your child is involved in.
- Volunteer to be a tutor, mentor or coach for specific programs.
- Reinforce school and Club limits and guidelines consistently in your home.
- Discuss school- and Club-related concerns your child or teen may have.
- Participate in family school and Club activities whenever possible.
- Donate a day or two or your time to act as chaperone on school or Club field trips and outings.
- Recognize your child or teen’s participation in activities and important milestones he/she has achieved.
- Be sure to attend school and Club award events.