Programs for Youth
BGCA has a lineup of nationally recognized programs that address today's most pressing youth issues, teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life. National programs are available in the areas of education, the environment, health, the arts, careers, alcohol/drug and pregnancy prevention, gang prevention, leadership development and physical fitness.
- Character and Leadership programs help youth become responsible, caring citizens and develop leadership skills as well as provide opportunities for planning, decision-making and contributing to Club and community.
- Education and Career programs help youth develop aspirations for the future, giving them the chance to explore careers and enhance their education.
- Health and Life Skills initiatives help youth achieve and maintain healthy, active lifestyles.
- The Arts initiatives help young people become more creative and self-expressive while helping them develop skills in crafts and visual, performing and literary arts.
- Sports, Fitness and Recreation programs help youth become fit, use their leisure time positively, reduce stress, learn social and interpersonal skills and appreciate the environment.
- Specialized Initiatives include Family PLUS, gang prevention and intervention, Latino outreach, diversity education and other efforts aimed at enriching and broadening the Club experience.