Celebrate Family Fitness with Triple Play
The Triple Play team is encouraging all Clubs to support Family Fitness. Supporting fitness for the entire family provides a great opportunity to promote life-long fitness for members, families and your community. Promoting good health helps you inform parents about fun activities that can be done at home as well as demonstrates your Clubs’ commitment to healthy lifestyles. Help get your families get up and moving with the below listed tips:
- Encourage families to schedule a regular time throughout the week for physical activity.
- Encourage families to use a journal to track daily fitness activities.
- Ask families to limit time spent watching television and playing computer games.
- Suggest physical activity rather than food as a reward (e.g. family goes skating).
- Ask parents to have fruit, vegetables or healthy snacks readily available after exercising.
- Encourage family grocery shopping so everyone can learn to read the nutrition labels.
- Host evening or weekend family activities at the Club!
- Ask members to challenge parents to a dance competition.
- Support parents by promoting household chores as an opportunity to be active.
- Encourage parents to park the car as far away from the entrance as possible.
- Encourage families to rake the leaves...then jump in them!
- Encourage families to build a snow sculpture or make snow angels.
- Encourage families to start a garden to plant their own vegetables, herbs and fruits.
- Encourage families to go to the park and throw the Frisbee, fly a kite or just play catch.
- Play Twister, hopscotch or take turns jumping rope.
- Take the family pet for a walk or jog.
- Go out side and PLAY!
Click here see how The Boys and Girls Club of Newport County got there the families involved. For other great tips to help keep your Club families active download the Triple Play Parents Game Plan. Questions? Contact Kharimasud Olufemi firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.487.5909.