Karla Williams, Parent of Boys & Girls Club of Copperas Cove members Katelyn (10) and Liberty (6)
- Outside of your cell phone, what is the one item you can not leave the house without?
- What is the best parenting tip you could give to new moms/other parents?
Take the time to get to know and enjoy your children.
- How has the Boys & Girls Club helped your family?
Being a single mom, the Boys & Girls Club has helped my family with a good structural environment for my girls to learn and grow while I am able to attend work and school. There are also programs offered that our family benefits from like the weekend backpacks, the reading program, Kids in the Kitchen cooking classes, and Day for Kids.
- What is the most challenging aspect of being a parent?
To learn and grow from your children.
- What is the most satisfying element of being a parent?
The love and family unity.
- What does family mean to you?
My family means strength, support & encouragement from people who love unconditionally.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
My grandmother taught me, "Don't put off tomorrow what you can get done today."
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
Homemade Chicken Fried Chicken.
- If you could have any job, anywhere what would it be and why?
I would like to be a teacher because I'd love to be able to teach and make a difference in chicldren's lives.
- What inspires you?
God, family and friends.